Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sick

We are on the count down. I even went so far as to write in my journal and post on Facebook that only 3 more opportunities to e-mail our missionary. Well I guess you could say this is one of those examples of "Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch." One of those phrases that your parents use or school teachers which one chalks up to "senile nonsense!" Well this is how the evening went.

Elder Burton who is in Missionary Madi's zone sent us this communication:

"The Kramer Family"
"This is Elder Burton, Sister Kramer is doing great.. They had a great Baptism last Saturday! She wanted me to send you a email letting you know she will email you maybe tomorrow or the next day when she gets feeling better! Your daughter is doing great things in Palo, she loves you all.. she is not that sick.. but they might have to take one of her legs.. just kidding she is fine just has a fever and her body aches.. She is also working on your plans when you get here so do not worry.. (:"
 
Kramer:
 
"Boo! You are funny. Who needs two legs? Tell Sister Kramer her mama loves her.
Love Mama DK"

Elder Burton:

"Ha ha she seems like she could get around pretty OK with 1 leg.. Ya I will make sure to tell her"

Kramer:

"Does this mean Sister Duke cannot email either? Did I already say BOO?"
 
Elder Burton:
 
"Ha ha ya Sister Duke is stuck in the house.. don't worry I took your daughter medicine and snacks this morning.. ha ha she is just passed out in her room.. saying that the bananas I gave her taste like rubber... the sickness is getting to her head.. haha"

We were disappointed to not get to hear from our girl. The one e-mail a week is pretty critical for our family to know that Missionary Madi is alive and well.

Then Tuesday we received this e-mail communication from the Philippines Tacloban Mission Office, Travel Secretary Elder Maramba:
Dear Sister Kramer,

                Your daughter(Sister Kramer) want’s to send you her email and this is what she says

Hello Mother,

                Sorry I still haven’t emailed. I’m not dying, in fact I am feeling much better but they won’t let me get out of bed (I’m so bored). I will be emailing tomorrow. I love you and I miss you.

Love,
Sister Kramer

Thank you,

Elder Maramba
 Philippines Tacloban Mission
     Travel Secretary 
Moral of this story! 
"Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment