Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Missionary Madi has arrived Cebu East Philippines Mission



Cebu East Philippines Mission

President Richard L & Sister Tanner and Missionary Madi
Missionary Madi for the second time since leaving to serve in the Philippines has arrived. She is thankful to be in her new area and ready to get to work. Missionary Madi used her Little Flippers skills and taught gymnastics to her Mission President grand children. So she states she is basically already part of the family. I am pretty sure that is why he was willing to let her have input on where in the Cebu East Mission she would like to serve. Where does she choose to serve? Bohol! That is right that is where the 7.2 earth quake was on October 14, 2013.
Missionary Madi was so excited the Mission Home is a mansion. After serving in Matalom and Ormoc she feels like she is in America being in Cebu. This area of the Philippines is much more affluent.
Here is her first impression of her new mission area:
"So we got here in Cebu on Sunday morning and went straight from the airport to the mission mansion. It is so sick. I felt like I was in Cali.We were running around freaking out at all the sick things there, such as the stoves, microwave, bath tub, rugs, lazy boys, and mostly the block of real cheese that we ate so fast I couldn't cut it fast enough. We were hilarious.It's kinda sad that I won't be as weird when I get home because I'm living in America now. Then we had a special sacrament there at the mission home and we all got to bare our testimonies and it was so nice to feel the spirit again. I have soooo not been a missionary lately we were all so crazy and having fun hahah I felt like I was in the mtc again :/ Then I had a meeting with President Tanner which was so good and I know that he is supposed to be my mission president right now and I love him. He was practically letting me decide where I wanted to go and who I wanted to be my companion.It's weird coming into a new mission when you already know stuff and they are asking you for suggestions. I am the oldest sister here from Tacloban so I have to be in charge which is annoying. hhahah jk It's just weird because I'm used to being a newbie still. And now I'm all responsible and stuff. Then we went to our hotel and we got new comps....weird because Sis Adasme is still here, but anyways it's my girls Robinson and Bray and I love them so we had a lot of fun. Well kinda we really just passed out because we were so tired but we were still being spoiled with hot showers :) "
Missionary Madi is happy to be in her new area and so ready to get back to full time missionary work. She misses her daily routines and getting back to work will help her to heal from the losses she experienced leaving her family and friends in Ormoc. She loves being near the ocean. Cebu is Beautiful! Two major points of excitement for Missionary Madi. McDonalds & Cheese. Apparently cheese is something that she really misses since leaving America.
I am not totally myself yet but I'm getting there. I'm just kind of a brat and I feel like it's not fair that the devastation happened in my Phili and to my peeps and not here. I am working on it :)  I know it is selfish of me to think like that. Pray for me.
Cebu East Mission - Missionary Madi's New Batch
Mission Home has a POOL! Missionary Problems.
McDonalds Every American Missionary's Dream!

Philippines Cebu East Mission


November 25, 2013

Brother and Sister Marvin Scott Kramer
86 West Shepard Lane
Kaysville, UT 84037
United States

Dear Brother and Sister Kramer,

Your missionary has arrived safely!  She is here with us in the Philippines Cebu East Mission.  My wife and I are excited about having her in our mission.  She brought a great spirit, and we are looking forward to working with her.  Enclosed is a welcome snapshot taken with Sister Tanner and me.

Our missionaries are encouraged to e-mail family once a week on their preparation day.Below are a few things you can do to keep your missionary happy and successful while on her mission.

1.   Send letters and/or email regularly. News from home keeps spirits high and minimizes problems.

2.   When sending packages, we recommend the U.S. Postal Service. Other carriers such as FedEX and DHL usually incur large customs fees ($40-$100) which the missionary must pay. Packages should be small enough to be easily carried on public transportation and long walks.

3.   Try not to mention family problems that would worry your missionary.

4.   Please do not visit or telephone your missionary without approval from the Mission President.

5.   If you need to make "urgent" contact with your missionary, you may contact the mission office by using
      the following telephone numbers: 011-6332-424-1012, or E-mail me atRLTanner@ldschurch.org.

Although missionaries may require some money from home for shoes, clothing, or dental work, we encourage wisdom and prudence because additional money is often detrimental to learning the lessons of sacrifice and consecration. We recommend a major debit account with joint signatures of parent and missionary for international missionaries.

Thank you for preparing and sending us your fine missionary daughter. We'll love her and help her learn to take good care of herself and grow in the Gospel.

Warmest regards,


President Richard L. Tanner
Philippines Cebu East Mission

Enclosure

No comments:

Post a Comment